Individuals must demonstrate excellent technical troubleshooting skills in a variety of technologies. They must also command excellent communication skills that contribute to the timely resolution of complex issues.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensure professional and courteous support to customers while keeping an eye on their business model
- Follow procedures and priority levels for resolving client issues within designated time frames
- Document all technical support activity in tracking system
- Provide feedback to both management and team members
- Respond to and fix system, application or server problems and issues
- Responsible for monitoring problems and providing status to customer and management
- Provide weekly status reports to management and/or client
- Ensure all alarms and alert conditions are handled within guidelines
- Create and maintain a positive work environment that promotes teamwork and cohesion
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image within team and with customers.
- Attend company meetings & functions
- Indentify areas of improvement to quality and help define solutions
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum certifications: A+, Net+ and MCP
- Solid understanding of various Windows OS/Server platforms, networking protocols and tools, e.g. DNS, HTTP, POP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet, and SSH etc...
- Proficient with all versions of Microsoft OS, MS Office Suite, MS Internet Explorer
- Resourceful, able to adapt to new situations, and to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience supporting clients in person and remotely
- Desire to increase knowledge and learn new skills and technologies quickly and efficiently
- Previous experience as a consultant, Sr. Engineer or Field Technician desired.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Able to explain technical information to non-technical people
About RFX Technologies:
We are a technology consulting firm that has the resources on staff to design, implement and support clients in the areas of Networking and Development. We have done work throughout the United States for small businesses as well as fortune 100 companies. Since founding RFX Technologies, it has been our commitment to provide a standard of service and quality we can be proud of. In order to accomplish this we promote internal and external learning of our engineers on a regular basis. We also continue to invest a significant amount of resources in our own Research and Development so we can deliver today's technology, not yesterday's.